WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Biodiversity Monitoring Technical Advisor (1 Post)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our family and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position. Detailed job description of the position is attached.
1. Biodiversity Monitoring Technical Advisor (1 Post) Click Here for Full Job Description
- Duty Station: WCS Mondulkiri office, Sen Monorom Town
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in relevant field, especially conservation science
- Experience with biodiversity monitoring methods
- Ability to work and learn independently
- Technical reporting ability
- Ability to work in difficult field conditions, with field missions of up to 6 days
- Attention to detail to ensure high quality data collection
- Familiarity with specific monitoring methods discussed above
- Familiarity with analysis in R or Python
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates are invited to send by email a cover letter together with CV by combining into single PDF file (with expected salary) to email@example.com. Closing date for application is 17th July 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205