WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Community Protected Area (CPA) Officer (3 Posts)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our family and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following positions. Detailed job descriptions of the positions are attached.
1. Community Protected Area (CPA) Officer (3 Posts) Click Here for Full Job Description
- Duty Station: Mondulkiri Province
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor Degree in Natural Resource Management, social work, community development or related fields.
- At least 2years field work experience particularly on the development of community protected areas in Cambodia.
- Experience in training and facilitation skills.
- Excellent speaking, reading, and writing skills in Khmer.
- Good speaking, reading, and writing skills in English
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Able to work in remote area with low levels of technical support on site, with significant portions of time spent living and working in communities.
- Ability to travel by motorbike
- Maintain good team discipline and motivation
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply by emailing an application letter and CV (by combining into single PDF file) together with salary requirements and the names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for application is 24th June 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205