WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Conservation Technology and Law Enforcement Team Leader (1 Post)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our family and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position. Detailed job description of the position is attached.
1. Conservation Technology and Law Enforcement Team Leader (1 Post) (11 October 2020) Click Here for Full Job Description
- Duty Station: Preah Vihear
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Natural Sciences or Spatial monitoring (Masters preferred).
- Minimum 5 years’ successful experience working in similar position with an NGO (local or international), in particular experience of protected Area management in Cambodia.
- Knowledge in SMART database, GIS and experience in database management.
- Computer skills mandatory. Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, solid programming, financial and organizational development skills; strong coaching skills and excellent analytical and financial planning skills.
- Strong analytical and interpretative problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the Protected Area Law and wildlife regulations, reporting formats, and cultures of traditional donors, including USAID (preferred).
- Able to multi-task, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Khmer and English.
- Concern for wildlife conservation & environmental issues is essential.
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates are invited to send by email a cover letter together with CV by combining into single PDF file (with expected salary) to email@example.com. Closing date for application is 11th October 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About WCS contact address:
- House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
- Phone: 023 217 205