WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Forest Carbon Technical Advisor (1 Post)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our family and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following positions. Detailed job descriptions of the positions are attached.
1. Forest Carbon Technical Advisor (1 Post) Click Here for Full Job Description
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Master’s degree in forestry, environmental science, geography, conservation or a related field.
- Prior experience and familiarity with the design and implementation of large, landscape-level forest conservation and rural development projects.
- 6+ years’ experience in the assessment, development and implementation of forestry and land-use projects, preferably for the carbon markets under the VCS and CCB Standards.
- Prior experience with the development, validation and verification of AFOLU projects under the VCS and CCBA.
- Strong analytical and writing skills; extreme attentional to detail.
- Professional experience in leading project management and project reporting.
- Demonstrated professional-level fluency in both oral and written English is required
- Ability to travel to project sites, as required, for extended periods
- Experience in proposal development and grant reporting
- Communication skills in Khmer
- Demonstrated GIS and Remote Sensing competencies
To successfully satisfy the requirements of this position, you should:
- Have good personal organizational and priority setting skills, with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Be capable of working independently as well as being an effective team player, with initiative and creativity
- Have a demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders in a culturally diverse setting and build project alliances
- Value information sharing and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning.
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply by emailing an application letter and CV (by combining into single PDF file) together with salary requirements and the names and contact information of three references to email@example.com. Closing date for application is 10 April 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205