WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Research Student (2 Posts)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our family and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following positions as research students. Detailed job descriptions of the positions are attached.
1. Research Students (2 Posts) (18 October 2020) Click Here for Full Job Description
- Duty Station: Sre Ambel Town
- Duration: 1 year with extension up to 2.5 years
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s degree in fisheries, ecology, biology, livestock science, food science or related field. Research experience is preferred.
- Students must have earned their bachelor’s degree within the last year, be unemployed, and be proficient in reading and writing English, as the thesis will be prepared and presented in English.
- Student time will be split between Sre Ambel land the university; a housing allowance will be provided for lodging at the Sre Ambel.
- Undergraduate transcripts (unofficial are fine, English translation preferred).
- Certificate of English proficiency (e.g., TOEFL scores ≥ 550 PBT or ≥79 iBTor IELTS ≥ 6.5. or similar exam scores).
- Cover letter stating interest in the graduate assistantship position and long-term career goals.
- Curriculum vitae including names and contact information for three references.
Interested candidates are invited to send by email a cover letter together with CV by combining into single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for application is 18th October 2020 Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About WCS contact address:
- House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
- Phone: 023 217 205