WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Tonle Sap Fisheries Coordinator (1 Post)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our family and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position. Detailed job description of the position is attached.
1. Tonle Sap Fisheries Coordinator (1 post) Click Here for Full Job Description
- Duty Station: Prek Toal Fish Conservation Sanctuary, Battambong province
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors or Master degree in fisheries/marine/coastal/environmental management or similar relevant areas
- Minimum 3 to 5-years of experience working with fisheries conservation and management and/or Community Fisheries in Cambodia
- Strong analytical and interpretative problem solving skills
- Able to multi task, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills in Khmer, English skills preferable but not essential
- Concern for wildlife conservation and environmental issues
- Willing to travel by boat under difficult field conditions
- Willingness to obtain new skills and share knowledge
- Experience of working with government line agency staff in an advisory and or training role.
- Willingness to spend considerable time in remote locations
- Local knowledge on Tonle Sap Ecosystem and fishery
- Will need to work independently and as part of a team, collaborating closely with WCS staff members, partner organizations, consultants, and stakeholders
- Willingness to travel and may have to work relatively long days with irregular hours and days during travel and field work
- At all times have a considerate, generous and helpful approach with all team members
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates are invited to send by email a cover letter together with CV by combining into single PDF file (with expected salary) to email@example.com . Closing date for application is 20th September 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205