WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Biodiversity Conservation Officer (2 Posts)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our family and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position. Detailed job description of the position is attached.
1. Biodiversity Conservation Officers (2 posts) Click Here for Full Job Description
Duty Station: Preah Vihear Province
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Biology, Forestry, Conservation, Environment or other related fields
- At least 2-year relevant experiences or field-based conservation research experience
- Experience with Coordinate the team work
- Understanding of conservation research and data collection methodology (camera-trapping; SMART data collection etc)
- Basic knowledge of using GIS and read map
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Khmer language
- Local knowledge of Preah Vihear province is preferable
- Able to ride a motorbike under difficult field conditions
- Physically fit and able to trek and camp in rural/forest conditions over multiple days
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates are invited to send by email a cover letter together with CV by combining into single PDF file (with expected salary) to email@example.com. Closing date for application is 2nd February 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205