WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Camera Trap Data Management Intern
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
WCS is now seeking applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position. Detailed job description of the position is attached.
1. Camera Trap Data Management Intern (1 post) Click Here for Full Job Description
- Duty Station: Mondulkiri province
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive training on the Camera Trap Federated Minimum Data Standard, and on Darwin Core standards
- Use the Camera Trap Federated Minimum Data Standard to standardize camera trap data and metadata
- Use data management and data cleaning tools such as Microsoft Excel and OpenRefine
- Use Darwin Core standards to prepare data for supporting upload to the Global Biodiversity Information Facility
- Conduct analysis on camera trap data with the support of the Data Analyst and Operations Technical Advisor
- Support training of biodiversity officers in use of online platform and data entry
- Strong BSc or MSc graduate, preferably in a related field
Desirable skills and experience:
- Meticulous data management skills
- Experience with large datasets
- Experience with data cleaning
- This internship will be for 3 months, ideally starting in mid-February.
A local monthly stipend of $250 is offered, with an allowance of up to $100 of local travel, food, and accommodation expenses per month. Interested candidates are invited to send by email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Closing date for application is 12 February 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.