WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Community Ecotourism Officer
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our family and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following positions. Detailed job descriptions of the positions are attached.
1. Community Ecotourism Officer (1 post) Click Here for Full Job Description
Duty station: Mondulkiri province
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in Natural Resource Management, Tourism, Management, Business Administration or related fields.
- At least 2-years field work experience on community organizing/development, especially in alternative livelihoods development and or eco-tourism development in Cambodia.
- Experience in training and facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills in Khmer
- Good speaking, reading, and writing skills in English!
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint,…)
- Knowledge of alternative livelihoods interventions and eco-tourism is an asset
- Knowledge of key biodiversity issues including key wildlife species
- Able to work in remote area with low levels of technical support on site, with significant portions of time spent living and working in communities.
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates are invited to send by email a cover letter together with CV by combining into single PDF file (with expected salary) to email@example.com. Closing date for application is 2nd February 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
- The applicant shall clearly state the position for which s/he wishes to apply in the application.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh Phone: 023 217 205