WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Community Patrol Coordinator
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our family and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following positions. Detailed job descriptions of the positions are attached.
1. Community Patrol Coordinator (1 post) Click Here for Full Job Description
Duty Station: Mondulkiri province
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in law, forestry, environment, community development or related fields especially have experience on law enforcement or community patrol with other NGOs
- At least three-year experience in Community‐based Natural Resource Management activities, community development with a non-profit organization
- Experience in building capacity of community to manage resources
- Experience helping committees write reports/ contracts and clear expenses.
- Strong facilitation, presentation, coordination skills, a good understanding resource management in the rural context
- Good analytical/problem solving critical thinking skills
- Bunong language is a plus
- Understanding of Cambodian law, regulation and policy related to natural resource management
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates are invited to send by email a cover letter together with CV by combining into single PDF file (with expected salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for application is 2nd February 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
- The applicant shall clearly state the position for which s/he wishes to apply in the application.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205