WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Wildlife Crime Prevention Research Assistant (1 Post)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our family and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following positions. Detailed job descriptions of the position are attached.
- Wildlife Crime Prevention Research Assistant (1 Post) Click Here for Full Job Description
- Duty Station: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s degree in criminology, conservation, law, social sciences or other relevant area.
- Experience in research work.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a remote team.
- Highly organized.
- Able and willing to travel to the field in remote areas.
- Full professional proficiency of English and Khmer language, including writing.
- Familiarity with wildlife crime in Cambodia, including current approaches to counter wildlife trafficking.
- Experience in conducting qualitative research on sensitive topics.
- Experience with problem-oriented and situational crime prevention models and techniques.
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply by emailing an application letter and CV (by combining into single PDF file) together with salary requirements and the names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for application is 12th July 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205