WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Indigenous Community Title (ICT) Officer (1 Post)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our team and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position. Detailed job description of the position is attached.
- Indigenous Community Title (ICT) Officer (1 Post) Click Here for Full Job Description
- Duty Station: Senmonorom Town, Mondolkiri Province
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Preferred graduate with degree on CBNRM, rural development, agriculture, law, and environment
- Desirable, experiences in community based natural resource management particularly supporting ICT, Land Use Mapping and CPA in project area.
- Understand and has knowledge concerning national legal instruments and has worked in land tenure security and local community rights.
- Deep interest and commitment in promoting biodiversity conservation and land governance for local community and indigenous people in protected area.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously required.
- Spending long periods of time in remote locations in the jungle
- Living and staying with communities
- Work overtime when required.
- Working on own initiative with minimum supervision and staying on tasks
- Travelling by motorbike or on foot
- Work in close collaboration with government agencies such as Provincial Department of Environment (PDoE), sub-national authorities at provincial, district and commune levels.
- Maintain excellent communication with and encourage strong participation of local staff.
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply by emailing an application letter and CV (by combining into single PDF file) together with salary requirements and the names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for application is 08th February 2024. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205