WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Camera Trap Data Management and Analysis Consultant (1 Post)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our team and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following consultancy position. Detailed job description of the position is attached.
- Camera Trap Data Management and Analysis Consultant (1 Post) Click Here for Full Job Description
- Duty Station: Desk-based role so can be worked remotely, but regular visits to the WCS Office in Senmonorom Town, Mondolkiri Province, to access the WCS-KSWS camera trap database, will be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- At least MSc in environmental sciences, zoology/ecology, conservation science or related field;
- At least 10 years’ professional experience in biodiversity monitoring and/or conservation science;
- Data manipulation and analysis skills;
- Proficiency in Excel and R;
- Experience working with large biodiversity datasets, in particular camera trap data;
- Experience in technical/scientific writing;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Pragmatic and solution oriented, the ability to learn quickly and adapt to solve new challenges;
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision;
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Experience with Wildlife Insights;
- Understanding of and experience with the conservation context in Cambodia, preferably in the Eastern Plains;
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply by emailing an application letter and CV (by combining into single PDF file) together with consultancy rate requirements and the names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for application is 24th May 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205