WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Acoustics Data Analysis (1 Post)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our team and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position. Detailed job description of the position is attached.
- Acoustics Data Analysis (1 Post) Click Here for Full Job Description
- Duty Station: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g., R or Python), however previous experience working with acoustic data is not required.
- Consistent access to reliable high-speed internet.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- A bachelor’s degree in the natural sciences or computer science.
- Previous experience presenting at an academic conference and/or publishing in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Previous experience in organizing, managing, and analyzing large datasets.
- Prior knowledge of the field of acoustics.
- A master’s degree in the natural sciences or computer science.
- Preference will be given to candidates from Southeast Asia.
Please send the following documents as pdf attachments to the emails indicated below:
- Cover letter (no more than one page single-spaced using 12-point font) covering the following points:
- Your training and experience relevant to the current position, please include specifics about your experience using relevant programming languages.
- Why you are interested in the current position.
- Your future career goals.
- Academic CV (https://career.ucsf.edu/sites/g/files/tkssra2771/f/wysiwyg/SampleCVAnnotatedUCSFOCPD.pdf).
- List of the contact information (Full name, affiliation, and email) for three references that we will contact you only if your application is under serious consideration.
- A writing sample of a research project, report, or other scientific document.
- A code sample from a project you previously worked on. This can be a link on GitHub or a standalone script.
Please send all application materials to both emails (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than September 30th, 2023 at 11:59 PM EDT (New York, USA time zone).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling deadline until filled, so please submit your application as soon as possible. Please feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions about the position or application.
Expected start date:
The selected applicant will start as soon as possible, pending institutional approval. Please note this process could take several months. Visa support will not be possible, so applicants must be eligible to live and work in the specified countries.
We embrace diversity and seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205