WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Geographical Information System (GIS) Officer (1 Post)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our team and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position. Detailed job description of the position is attached.
- Geographical Information System (GIS) Officer (1 Post) Click Here for Full Job Description
- Duty Station: Kampong Thom Province, Tonle Sap Landscape Office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree is desirable) in land management, geoinformatics system, natural resource management, environmental science, biodiversity conservation, agriculture, forestry, computer science/software engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in applying GIS tools and techniques for conservation, biodiversity monitoring, and/or land use management.
- Experience working with GIS software such as ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, Web-based applications, and Q-GIS, familiar with Remote Sensing technology and Google Earth Engine.
- Experiences in data collection and survey using Drone, GPS, SMART, Kobo Toolbox, QField, and other related tools.
- Good understanding of wildlife conservation, protected area management, fisheries management, land use management, Environmental Code, Forestry Law, Fishery Law, Land Law, and Protected Area Zonation Guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good in English and fluency in Khmer.
- Good analytical/problem-solving, report writing, and critical thinking skills.
- Keen to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and meet multiple timelines and assignments simultaneously required.
- Be able to work in remote areas and over-nights in the field with regular travel by boat, motorbike, and foot if needed.
- Maintain excellent communication with the project team, partners, and stakeholders to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Good Computer skills and Microsoft Office (Ms. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Email).
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and presentation skills.
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply by emailing an application letter and CV (by combining into single PDF file) together with salary requirements and the names and contact information of three references to email@example.com. Closing date for application is 08th October 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205