WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Senior Agronomist (1 Post)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our team and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position. Detailed job description of the position is attached.
- Senior Agronomist (1 Post) Click here for Full Job Description
- Duty Station: Kampong Thom Province, Tonle Sap Landscape Office, with frequent travels to other provinces around the Tonle Sap Lake.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- A post-graduate degree in agriculture, agronomy, agroecology and sustainable agriculture or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience with programs to enhance the environmental sustainability of agriculture in Asia.
- Experiences with sustainable rice cultivation approaches (preferably Sustainable Rice Platform (SRP) knowledge and crop diversification) within Cambodia, farmer field school, establishment of demonstration plots, and facilitation of contract farming.
- Experiences in data collection, survey, and data management using participatory tools, Kobo Collect, and GPS
- Good understanding of rice related sector in Asia and experience in community development, agricultural cooperatives, and farmer water user group.
- Understanding wildlife conservation and protected area management is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good in English and fluency in Khmer.
- Good analytical/problem-solving, report writing, and critical thinking skills.
- Keen to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and meet multiple timelines and assignments simultaneously required.
- Be able to work in remote areas with regular travel by boat, motorbike, and foot if needed.
- Maintain excellent communication with the project team, partners, and stakeholders to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Good Computer skills and Microsoft Office (Ms. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Email).
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and presentation skills.
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply by emailing an application letter and CV (by combining into single PDF file) together with salary requirements and the names and contact information of three references to email@example.com. Closing date for application is 08th October 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205