WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Community Engagement Officer (1 Post)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our family and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following positions. Detailed job descriptions of the positions are attached.
1. Community Engagement Officer (1 Post) Click Here for Full Job Description
- Duty Station: Kampong Thom Landscape Office (travel to project sites within 6 provinces around Tonle Sap Basin)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s degree in aquaculture, biology, biodiversity conservation, climate change, development study, fisheries, agriculture, rural development, environmental management, natural resource management or a related field
- Good understanding on Cambodia’s protected management system, protected area law, fisheries law, CPA and PA zoning guidelines are advantage
- Strong facilitation, presentation, and coordination skills, and a good understanding of fisheries management, wildlife conservation, rural context and rural communities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven knowledge in gender equality, gender mainstreaming, women’s work and employment, gender relations in organizational settings
- Good in English (especially reading and writing), fluency in Khmer
- Good analytical/problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Willing to work as team with positive leadership commitment
- Good Computer skills (MS Words, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Spending long periods of time in remote locations
- Living and staying at project site and with communities
- Work overtime when required
- Working on own initiative with minimum supervision and staying on tasks
- Travelling by boat and motorbike
- Work in close collaboration with government agencies such as Department of Agriculture Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF), Department of Environment (DoE), Department of Water Resources Management and Meteorology (DoWRAM)
- Maintain excellent communication with and encourage strong participation of local staff
- Liaise with partners, the private sector, and international and local NGOs as required
- Woman are encouraging to apply
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply by emailing an application letter and CV (by combining into single PDF file) together with salary requirements and the names and contact information of three references to email@example.com. Closing date for application is 05th October 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205