WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
REDD+ Communications Specialist (1 Post)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our family and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following positions. Detailed job descriptions of the positions are attached.
- REDD+ Communications Specialist (1 Post) Click Here for Full Job Description
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- A university degree in communications, digital marketing, media or a related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in social media, communications and/or journalism.
- Experience working on rural development, environmental and/or conservation campaigns preferred, ideally in South East Asia.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in executing and creating communications plans using multiple channels – paid, earned, shared and owned; i.e. the PESO model.
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work independently.
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively working across diverse cultures and stakeholder groups.
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote field sites for extended periods, as necessary.
- Competency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Premier video editing.
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply by emailing an application letter and CV (by combining into single PDF file) together with salary requirements and the names and contact information of three references to email@example.com. Closing date for application is 01st May 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205