WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Conservation Monitoring Manager (Objective 1 LEAD) (USAID Morodok Baitang Project) (1 Post)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our team and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position. Detailed job description of the position is attached.
- Conservation Monitoring Manager (Objective 1 LEAD) (USAID Morodok Baitang Project) (1 Post) Click Here for Full Job Description
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Advanced degree in a relevant field. Disciplines considered relevant include environmental management, biodiversity conservation, climate change, political ecology, and others as applicable.
- At least ten years of providing technical and management leadership to the design, evaluation, and implementation of biodiversity conservation and NRM programs; biodiversity monitoring, applied research, policy coordination, and development. Experience related to institutional capacity building, private sector engagement, and alternative livelihoods preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, staff coordination, mentorship, and capacity building required. Candidates with experience implementing gender-sensitive and inclusive approaches to training and capacity building preferred.
- Candidates with experience managing private sector partnerships, sub-contractors/sub-grantees in either environmental or agricultural sectors preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong English language skills required.
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply by emailing an application letter and CV (by combining into single PDF file) together with salary requirements and the names and contact information of three references to email@example.com. Closing date for application is 11th October 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205