WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Community Protected Area (CPA) Officer (2 Posts)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our family and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position. Detailed job description of the position is attached.
1. Community Protected Area (CPA) Officer (2 Posts) Click Here for Full Job Description
- Duty Station: Preah Vihear Town
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor Degree in Natural Resource Management, social work, or related fields.
- At least 2 years’ field work experience particularly on the development of community protected areas in Cambodia;
- Experience in training and facilitation;
- Excellent speaking, reading, and writing skills in Khmer;
- Good speaking, reading, and writing skills in English;
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.);
- Able to work in a remote area with low levels of technical support on site, with significant portions of time spent living and working in communities;
- Ability to travel by motorbike and boat;
- Ability to maintain good team discipline and motivation.
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates are invited to send by email a cover letter together with CV by combining into single PDF file (with expected salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for application is 04th November 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205