WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
Kampong Thom Project Coordinator (1 Post)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our family and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position. Detailed job description of the position is attached.
1. Kampong Thom Project Coordinator (1 Post) Click Here for Full Job Description
- Duty Station: NTSPL, Kampong Thom and Siem Reap
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resources management, environmental conservation and management, and in relevant fields.
- At least 5 to 10-year experience in protected area management and law enforcement, community based conservation and eco-tourism and biodiversity monitoring.
- Experience in strategy program development.
- Experience in protected area zoning and management plan development.
- At least 3 years of practical experience in advising and or training in conservation and biodiversity protection, law enforcement, or related field.
- Good knowledge on data analyses and reporting skills.
- Strong verbal communication and teamwork skills
- Able to ride a motorbike under difficult field conditions
- Fluent spoken and written Khmer and good in spoken and written in English
- Willingness to obtain new skills
- Experience of working with government line agency staff in an advisory and or training role.
- Willingness to spend considerable time in remote outposts when conducting joint patrol, field training coaching activities.
- Local knowledge on Tonle Sap Floodplain Landscape.
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates are invited to send by email a cover letter together with CV by combining into single PDF file (with expected salary) to email@example.com . Closing date for application is 30th August 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and women are encouraged to apply.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205