WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
REDD+ Technical Specialist (1 Post)
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
The WCS Cambodia program is growing rapidly! We are expanding our family and are looking for applications from qualified candidates to fill the following consultancy position. Detailed job description of the position is attached.
1. REDD+ Technical Specialist (1 Post) Click Here for Full Job Description
- Duty Station: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Duration: 90 days over a 12-month period
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Master’s degree in forestry, environmental science, geography, conservation or a related field.
- Prior experience and familiarity with the design and implementation of large, landscape-level forest conservation and rural development projects.
- 6+ years’ experience in the assessment, development and implementation of forestry and land-use projects, preferably for the carbon markets under the VCS and CCB Standards.
- Prior experience successfully developing, validating and verifying AFOLU projects under the VCS and CCBA.
- Strong analytical and writing skills; extreme attentional to detail.
- Professional experience in leading project management and project reporting.
- Demonstrated professional-level fluency in both oral and written English is required.
- Ability to travel to project sites, as required, for extended periods.
Interested candidates are invited to send by email a cover letter together with CV by combining into single PDF file (with expected daily fee) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for application is July 24, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205