WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY (WCS) CAMBODIA PROGRAM
REDD+ and Forest Conservation Technical Advisor
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
WCS is now seeking applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position. Detailed job description of the position is attached.
REDD+ and Forest Conservation Technical Advisor (1 post) Click Here for Full Job Description
- Duty Station: Phnom Penh with frequent travel to WCS field sites
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Forestry or Biodiversity Conservation science or other relevant subject
- Minimum 5 years’ successful experience working in similar position with an NGO (local or international), in particular experience of providing technical support.
- Computer skills mandatory. Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong analytical and interpretative problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the REDD+, UNFCCC and Cambodian Forestry policies, regulations, reporting formats, and cultures of traditional donors, including USAID is desirable
- Able to multi-task, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Khmer and English
Interested candidates are invited to send by email a cover letter and CV (with expected salary) to email@example.com. Closing date for application is 25 September 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.